Please join us for our Montreal Road Revitalization Open House. It will be held on Thursday March 9th from 5:30 to 8 pm at the Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health (299 Montreal Road). It will be a drop-in session so feel free to come by anytime between 5:30 and 8 pm. Staff will be available to answer any questions you may have.
As many of you may know, Montreal Road, from North River Road to St. Laurent Boulevard, is up for reconstruction in 2018/2019. The construction is driven by the need for a major water main replacement, some sanitary sewer replacement and road renewal.
We are excited to take this opportunity to invest in the renewal of this corridor.
So far we have held a walk-about, a bike-about, an online transit survey, as well as a stakeholders’ meeting. Based on feedback from previous public consultations, staff have come up with a recommended functional design and we want your feedback on it.
At the Open House, you will have the opportunity to review:
- The functional design of the road corridor for the full study limits;
- General road cross-section details in specific areas;
- The addition of cycling facilities;
- A review of bus stops and transit service
- Modifications to transit priority lanes;
- Protected intersection designs at the North River Road and Vanier Parkway intersections.
The detailed design process will begin after this study has been completed. Hope to see you there on March 9th!