Bring Your Energy and Expertise!
Our new Municipal Services Corporation (MSC), managing the ByWard and Parkdale Markets, is seeking nine experienced, energetic and dynamic leaders to sit on the inaugural Board of Directors.
This not-for-profit corporation will be managed by an Executive Director and staff, and be governed by an appointed Board of Directors. The MSC’s mission is to maximize the potential of both historic markets as year-round sources of local produce and goods, while creating an innovative retail and outdoor vending mix.
The MSC Board will be responsible for:
- Recruiting the Executive Director
- Developing a multi-year strategic plan
- Establishing a new, more flexible regulatory framework
- Exploring new opportunities for revenue generation and growth.
We are looking for experienced Board members whose interests and investments do not conflict with the ability to apply objective and independent influence to the long-term direction of Ottawa’s public markets.
- Leadership skills
- A transformational mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong network of community, industry and business connections
- Expertise in property management, retail operations, small business, agriculture and food production, tourism, arts/culture and/or social services.
- Recognized marketing and communications skills, especially with social media and innovative communications tools
- Strong financial, legal, and/or management literacy
- A record of attracting new sources of funding and development
- Highly credible and proven civic leadership and acumen
- Experience as a member of important public, private, or non-profit boards
- Recognition as a community builder
Board members shall commence work in May 2017. The application deadline is May 1, 2017. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) or email@example.com(link sends e-mail).