This week, we reached another milestone in Ottawa – 60 per cent of people 18 and older have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. On July 14th, OPH recorded 22 active cases with none in hospital. This is very encouraging news!
As of today, July 16th, we move into Stage 3 of the Provincial Re-Opening Plan. Take note of some of the changes to current restrictions:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 100 people
- Indoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 25 people
- Indoor dining with no limits to the number of patrons per table
- Retail with capacity limited to ensure physical distancing
- Indoor religious services, rites or ceremony gatherings with physical distancing
- Indoor sports and recreational fitness facilities with capacity limits
- Personal care services with capacity limited to ensure physical distancing
- Museums, casinos and bingo halls with capacity limits
- Cinemas, concert, theatres, and other performing arts venues with capacity limits
More Information on Stage 3 is available here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario
As we see more vaccines coming to Ottawa, the City of Ottawa announced that residents who have yet to receive their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine can now drop in to any City-run community clinic between 10 am and 7 pm or pop-up clinic while supplies last. No appointment needed. residents can also drop in to select community clinics in Ottawa to receive a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine without an appointment.
While all clinics are offering drop-ins for first doses, second dose drop-ins will only take place at clinics that have enough supply. This will change daily. The list of locations will be updated daily on ottawapublichealth.ca and on the City’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
This is a hugely positive step to ensure everyone in our community has easy access to a vaccine.
If you do not yet have your first dose or second dose, please visit one of these clinics to ensure the safety of yourself, your loved ones and our community.
More information on how to access these community and pop-up clinics here: https://ottawa.ca/en/news/residents-are-encouraged-use-drop-clinics-and-move-late-appointments-achieve-ottawas-two-dose-summer
We’ve made a lot of progress in Ottawa and need to remain vigilant. Get your vaccines, wear a mask and keep your distance.
Let’s make this a two-dose summer!