We represent the heart of our City: Lowertown, Sandy Hill and Vanier. Every day we make a difference helping our residents by improving City services. We care about our community and are passionate about our City. Joining our team is an opportunity to shape our community and the City’s transportation and infrastructure future.
- Coordinating and attending community meetings and following relevant committees, reports and advancing public policy. In addition, you will also be responsible for providing timely and effective follow up with constituents’ inquiries (via e-mail and telephone) as well as working with City Staff to ensure appropriate actions and follow through.
- Advancing investments and public policies
- Working with the community to solve local challenges, and ensure our
priorities are met when it comes to transit services, traffic calming initiatives, road safety, street investments (Rideau Street, Montreal Road), cycling network development, and many more exciting projects.
- Participating in meetings with City staff and other organizations on my behalf and advocating for our community issues of importance and advancing our projects at City Hall.
- Additional responsibilities range from, but are not limited to: Special projects, Transit Services, Events, etc.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- A related University or College Degree
- Previous experience in a political office would be considered an asset
- Previous experience or knowledge in transportation or infrastructure
projects and policy would also be considered an asset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages (written
and oral) to a variety of audiences
Bilingual (English/French) oral, reading, writing is required. **
This is a full-time position with City of Ottawa benefits.
All interested candidates please send your CV and a brief paragraph (max. 300 words) explaining your qualifications/experience to Mathieu.Fleury@ottawa.ca with the subject line: “Join Team Fleury” by Wednesday January 22, 2020.