“I want to continue working on issues that matter to you”
Mathieu takes the time to listen, consult and understand community issues.
His vision for Lowertown, Sandy Hill and Vanier is about continuing to create a safe, healthy and dynamic community where families, youth and older adults have the right services and spaces to enjoy the many things that our community has to offer.
- Having a modern and innovative housing plan that addresses homelessness by providing permanent homes with support services.
- Removing interprovincial trucks by building a tunnel and adding green infrastructure to Lowertown and Sandy Hill.
- Ensuring a positive quality of life for residents by enforcing property maintenance standards, limiting Payday Loan establishments, having noise controls, adequate snow clearing, a waste management plan, accessible and convenient public transit, as well as a walkable and cycling friendly environments.
- Providing opportunities for youth to thrive, supporting older adults in living independently as well as investing in our families so that they can enjoy activities together.
- Improving the accessibility, reliability and capacity of public transit in Vanier.
- Leading the beautification of public spaces in the Byward Market.
- Leading the change to renew Montreal Road by diversifying the business mix and investing in the street improvements.
- Encouraging the establishment of thriving local businesses along our main streets.
- Revitalizing Riverain Park.
- Preserving the heritage and historic characteristics of Sandy Hill by stopping bunkhouses and promoting diverse housing options for families, students, older adults, newcomers and the most vulnerable.
Mathieu wants to continue listening and engaging with residents, working together to make our community even more connected and a place where everyone belongs and is heard.